SME - IP Solution Architect
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and
network automation technologies and related services sold to our
communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets
including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide
area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and
operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive
scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband
access modality to – and among - edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet,
and other services and data centers.
The IPR Solution Architect is a customer facing role to prime all IP/MPLS
solution and design from inception to implementation in IP/MPLS projects in
Thailand and rest of APAC.
The position is based in Vietnam.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
· Be the Technical Solution Lead to engage customers on their IP/MPLS
network challenges & programs and to offer a solution to them during both
Pre-Sales and Post-sales phases.
· To support Services Tendering Team on BOM & High-Level Solution
reviews; Work with TPM on man-effort estimates on the project and
technical services delivery; Assist the Business Development Manager/s
and his team in RFP clarification, if needed be to help to secure Orders.
· Be part of the virtual Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Teams to verify and
support customer’s E2E Architecture & Design in both Green and Brown
· Responsible for design validation and POC/Trial/BMT approaches,
leads the actual testing & validation with engineers and towards customers.
· Leads certain IP/MPLS solutioning and domain to create and maintain
Test documents, tools and templates for re-usability in POCs, Trials and
· Work closely with the TPM and PM to ensure delivery of the IP/MPLS
solution/project so as to recognize Sales.
· Perform role/s and scope under Professional Services such as
Network Audit Service work, Customer Resident Engineer/Resident
Consultant, network migration/swap and delivering Customized Training to
customers/partners in APAC region.
· Perform project roles such as Solution/Lead Network Architect or
Integration Expert under deployment services to minimally recover cost or
to generate services revenue on projects (IPRT and non-IPRT) we are
supporting in APAC.
· Support IP/MPLS projects as IPR Solution Architect role championing
the High-Level and E2E Architecture and Design.
· Guide and support Domain Architects and Integration Engineers on
Low-Level Design and Integration/Testing/MOP where needed.
· Interface with regional PLMs on product features clarification,
EOL/EOS and enhancement during Post-Sales phase as enquired by
customers or/and during testing/validation and proposed (upscope) solution
as part of project work.
· Provides mentorship, knowledge transfer and technical support to
project team members.
· Bachelor in Telecom/Data/Computer Networking Engineering or
· 7-10 years or more experiences in designing or/and implementing
· Good knowledge and strong background in IP technologies, Data
Communication, LAN, WAN, MPLS