- TA plays as a monitor in class; helps teachers to keep the students silent and order; controls them if sometimes they are so active in activities or games.
- Have the students focused on their lesson and paid special attentions on the teacher. The students are kids; they always like talking, playing, running around the class….This task will keep them be calm and have better behavior.
- Whenever the students get assignments from teachers, we have to help them to understand what the exercises say and to finish them ASAP.
- Some teachers ask the students to do exercises at home so that they can revise the lesson and improve their skills also. If the teachers don’t have time enough to check it, pls do it; or when teachers check it, help him/ her.
- TA is a translator in class in need. I mean just sometimes, when the teacher’s lessons/ words are so hard for kids to understand, we have to translate them into Vietnamese. We have to make sure that all students get what the teachers explain.
- We give the parents Teaching Follow up book in which we, TAs write all topics/ areas the teachers teach on that day. We should write in Vietnamese some important/ necessary parts so that all parents can read/ understand it so that they can remind their children at home.
- Remember to ask the students to give the parents every day to get their signatures and give us back on the next day. And you have to check if the parents sign on it. If not, remind the students/ talk to parents/ report to staff for following up.
After every TA session, TA has to write and send a short report (or a short talk to SS) to report the special cases/ situations that related to students, teachers,….TA has to pay special attention to strong/ weak students; active/ passive ones,….
But in case the problems happen in the class time, TA has to take action/ report immediately.
- Students like playing games/ computer; running around the building; coming to the Playing room...in break-time and almost forget the time to come back class.
- TA has to remind them regularly; even has to go around the building to chase them; ask them to get back class in time.
- P/S: In break-time, TA has to take care of the students carefully and closely (some accidents may be happened in this time)